Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Pintember: Pumpkin Corn Bread

I know...

I've missed a bunch of days.

First, I had my aunt come visit me from Manhattan. She took us out to dinner for our 20th wedding anniversary at Black and Blue restaurant. You can see their menu here. We had a fabulous meal! (With enough for leftovers the next day's dinner.) Then, when the boys went to see How to Train Your Dragon, we went to an art show in Lewiston, NY.

I hit the mother-load! And I didn't have to pay for any of it! My aunt bought me a pair of unique beaded (lamp-work) earrings, an art deco style pair of hanging chain sparkly earrings, a silver/blue Swarovski crystal bracelet, a bottle of  Rosebud Rose wine and to top it all off...a bag of fresh kettle corn to share with her (she'd never had it before) and my friend Angela!

Then after she left...I wasn't feeling too well...

Anyway... I need to get back to Pintember...

This morning I went on my normal morning browse through the pins of who I follow. I found a recipe that I couldn't get off of my mind...Pumpkin Corn Bread. I had to make it!

It sounded so easy! And it was too!

It just came out of the oven...it smells sooo good!

And looks sooo good!


It is wonderful! But ,a little on the dry side. It will need to be served with butter. I had a feeling it was going to be when I put the batter in the pan. It was really thick. I think I'll have to make a slight change next time I make it.

And I will definitely be making it again! I think It might be the new standard bread for Thanksgiving dinner!

I think I need to try to make this gluten free next time! It should be easy. (Then I can have more than just one tiny piece!)

This is the pin I got the recipe from...



I did make one change. Instead of using light brown sugar and molasses. I just used dark brown sugar. I probably need to add a little bit more for the liquid content.

And now I still have half a can to use up...

I did see online today that it was National Pancake Day...

How about some gluten free pumpkin pancakes...?


No comments:

Post a Comment