Thursday, September 20, 2012

Pintember: Leather Cleaner

My mother in law has great taste in furniture. She also gets tired of it in a shorter period of time than the average person.

A great portion of our furniture is from my in laws house, 'cuz they have either moved or just redecorated.

A bunch of months ago they gave a light mossy green leather couch. Nice but with darkened areas from use. Now with my kids (and their friends) eating on it...it now has some food stains. Apparently the reason why it is so bad is because it is a raw leather. It is colored but not coated.  I think that is the right term for it. If not? hey...you know what I mean! 

So I got tired of looking at the food spots and used this pin to help me clean it...


I had taken the recipe for the ultimate spot cleaner from there so I figured it would work...

Umm...maybe not...

I know that you are supposed to spot test cleaners first in an inconspicuous place but I didn't...

I'm not going to bother taking a picture of the "fail".

Umm...

Now what? 

Hey, we knew this couch was not going to last that long...


No comments:

Post a Comment