Sunday, September 9, 2012

Pintember: New York Style Cheese Cake

My 12 Year old is turning another year older!

Even though I knew that we wouldn't be home for his birthday, I asked him what kind of cake he wanted. He had no idea. So I suggested an ice cream cake. I told him I would make him one. He thought that was a good idea.

Then a few weeks later...I thought...maybe...New York Style cheese cake...

Then D raved! "That is my favorite dessert!"

So I searched Pinterest...

I used the cheese part of the recipe from here:



And the crust part from here (I like lots of crust!):



And I put it in the largest Springform pan I own...a 10 inch.

Here is the what was left of mine after the birthday celebration...A few of us had 2 pieces. It was so good!



So much for me staying low sugar and gluten free!

And the boys each had another piece of it for dessert last night (and I saved 3 individually wrapped pieces in the freezer for another day)...YUM!

No comments:

Post a Comment