Monday, September 17, 2012

Pintember: Avocado as Mayo

I have been trying to eat as healthy as I can deal with lately. I'm trying to keep both my sugars and my fats down. When playing on Pinterest a while back I saw these 2 pins...



and



Yes, they do look kind of gross! I know!

But if you like avocados...this is definitely the way to go! These 2 pins inspired me to make a tuna salad with mashed avocado instead of mayo. Yes, the avocado still has fat, but it's the good kind.


It was sooo good! So healthy...and so easy!

Tuna Avocado Salad

1-5 oz can of tuna, drained (I use solid white packed in water)
4" piece of cucumber, diced
1/3 of a red pepper, diced
1 Tbs onion, finely chopped (I used regular cooking onions)
1/2 avocado, mashed
Dash of lemon or lime juice (to prevent the avocado from browning)

Mix together all ingredients. Enjoy on crackers (I used Glutino gluten free, original flavor) or as a sandwich.

After making this substitute...I think I might have to see what else I can use an avocado for...YUM!

Now...If I could just convince my family to try it!

Not !

No comments:

Post a Comment