Sunday, September 16, 2012

Pintember: Ultimate Stain Remover

Smarty Pants dragged me shopping today. Yes, a teenage boy dragged me to the store!

He swore that he needed new jeans. He had grown out of his old ones. Darn those growth spurts!

Anyway...While I was at Kohl's (I had a 20% off coupon), I remembered that Picky One needed a new white dress shirt for 2 reasons. 1) He was going to need one for upcoming concerts soon. And 2) We have a bat mitzvah to go to in 2 weeks, so we might as well just by it now. These are the only reasons why my kid would be wearing a dress shirt of any kind so i should just kill 2 birds with one stone. 

I had totally forgotten that he could probably wear Smarty Pant's old shirt that he just grew out of. So I called home to have Picky One try it on. It just fit. But why bother buying a new one if we already owned one that fits, right? Who says a 13 year old needs to totally button up his neck underneath his tie?

Well then, I was informed that it had armpit stains! I hate those! While playing on Pinterest one day a while back, I had seen a supposed solution. So I figured I'd try it...


The recipe listed called for  1 tsp. Dawn dish washing detergent, 3-4 tablespoons of hydrogen peroxide, and a couple tablespoons of baking soda. Now, since I only had one shirt to clean I just used 1/4 tsp Dawn, 1/2 tsp baking soda...and thanks to an over spillage of the peroxide...I have no idea how much of that I used...

It is currently sitting in the kitchen awaiting the white load to go into the washer. 

I will update this post when the shirt comes out of the washer to let you know how it worked...

***UPDATE 9/17/12***I just threw the white load into the dryer and remembered that I needed to check the dress shirt. The pit stains are totally gone! I had also gotten 2 tiny spots of red Kool-aid on my good white t-shirt. So I had decided to try it since I had a little solution left...They are gone too!

WOW! I will definitely be using this recipe again!

Please let me know if you have some success with it too.


1 comment: