Sunday, September 13, 2009

The long wait...

Somehow I forgot to write about my weekend with my sister and two nieces. It was Labor Day weekend. We all managed to keep busy, nobody complained they were bored, and the only fights between the kids were between the siblings...not the cousins. On Saturday we went to the zoo, the girls enjoyed visiting the rain forest. That is one of my favorite parts of the zoo these days. My 12 year old niece hates "serpents"...her word. She is a girl after my own heart...I don't usually look around the reptile house too long...I usually hang out near the lizards, so I don't have to see the snakes. Quite frequently my sons will try to trick me into looking at some legless animal...not usually my high point of any zoo.

Then on Sunday, the day before Labor Day, we went to Niagara Falls. Of course we find out that that is the second busiest day of the entire year. We walked around for an hour or so, eat our picnic lunch we had packed and then we decided to take a look at how long the line was for Maid of the Mist. We stood on line while Pete went to investigate the situation. When he came back, we found out that from that point, we should be on the boat in about an hour and a half. My guests had been looking forward to it for weeks...and we don't usually stand on lines (neither Peter or the kids have much patience)...But we decided to go for it. I think we actually stood on line for closer to 2 1/2 hours (maybe even 3), none of us had actually looked at our watches at the begining. The kids did pretty well. They all just goofed around, Danny started to get annoyed and kept saying "this better be good", then Danny had a bloody nose (good thing we had lots of tissues and some water), that didn't make the waiting any easier. But...when we finally got on the boat, I think we all agreed that the wait was worth it. It really is not something that you can experience a whole lot of places in this world, especially for not a whole lot of money. Everyone decided that it was really awesome.

Waiting in line is not always so bad!

All in all we really did have a great weekend. My nieces decided that maybe next summer they might come visit us for a week. Wahoo! I have been offering that on up to them for the past few years and the answer had always been "not a chance".

It was a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment