Friday, February 25, 2011

Thing a Day: 25

I know I keep missing my TAD's but there never seems to be anything worthwhile to mention.

Today I helped my 13 (.89 according to him) year old figure out what he wanted to do for his project relating to "Night" by Elie Wiesel.



Thanks to SparkNotes, I was able to remember the story. It is a like a virtual Cliff Notes book. (I survived high school English classes with help from Cliff.)

I had also pulled out this book I purchased while I was visiting Dachau when I was 17. I was leafing thru it. It helped me think about a subject I haven't seen in such depth since I was there. I have never been able to bring myself to watch "Schindler's List" after having learned about it in Hebrew school during junior high .

In the end he has decided to write a poem explaining the process from them being taken from their homes to the peoples ending ...however the Nazi's would decide their endings would be.

If my son will allow it, I will share it after it has been graded. A good grade will be at least one of his requirements for allowing me.

Sorry about such a sad subject but...

"Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it." -Santayana

No comments:

Post a Comment