Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Too late for the vaccine...

Well...It appears to be too late for deciding whether or not to get a flu shot. Alex has had the flu since last tuesday. And now they are saying he has pneumonia as well. He has had a fever of between 102 and 103 since the whole thing started. He is now on the z-pack and prednisone for 5 days (the doctor figures that there must be some inflammation) he says it sounds like asthma, only he's never had a history of it before, so he decided to cover all bases.

My biggest question is...Is it h1n1?do we get a regular flu shot? or an h1n1 shot when they become available? or do we assume (I know assuming is dangerous) that since we managed to not get it from Alex...we're safe?

I've been stuck at home since...forever...I think I have cabin fever. Alex actually started showing signs of illness on last monday so he stayed home. I had a Remicade appointment on tuesday, so that really wasn't a day to do as I wished, since it takes 3 hours and is a 1/2 hour drive away. Danny was home, sick, thursday and friday of the week before.

However...My wonderful hubby has decided that he was going to take the day off from work on wednesday (he gave me a choice of days) so that I can go and do whatever I want to do. First I'll be going to my son's middle school to help serve a "Fall Breakfast", and then I'll be going out to breakfast with my friend Dawn at Panera's. I love Panera's. Then I'll go food (and supply) shopping, since I have only been getting immediate necessities for the last 2 weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment