Sunday, October 4, 2009

Old stomping grounds...

It was a very strange day yesterday...My husband went with one son to a football game at our old university where we met. I brought the other son to the libraries there (his idea). Then when it started to rain, and the football watchers decided to leave the game, we met somewhere in the middle of the academic buildings. For 5 years (yes it took me 5 years for a 4 year degree), I walked the halls of this place. I still remember where I was going. It's funny, when we went there all of those years ago, they were always promising to build this and that...and it is all there now. Of course, it is 20 years later. You would hope that they (the university) would eventually get around to it.

When we were done there we went to Fuddruckers for dinner. A place Pete and I used to go a lot, "back in the day", after a day on campus. They do now have healthy choices. They now have the choice of different types of "burgers": veggie (which they always had), buffalo, ostrich, elk, salmon and of course chicken (the typical restaurant substitute). I have to say, I was brave enough to try the buffalo one. I've heard it tastes the same, and it did, especially once you put all of the toppings (cheese, lettuce, onions, ketchup) on it. It was funny, it was a 1/3 lb burger, just like the ones that Pete and Alex were eating only it was tons larger. It almost looked like a 1/2 pounder. The reason why it was so large is because it has less fat to start off with, so it shrinks less than the beef. Would you know...I actually finished all of it and I still had room for fries (I love their fries!). And believe it or not...I felt just fine after all of that. I had no problems at all. I do usually eat low fat, because excess fat makes me sick (thanks to the Crohn's). I guess that will be my solution next time I'm in the mood for a burger. Maybe next time, I'll try the ostrich or elk. Maybe. But then again those might be too exotic for me. Maybe not...

No comments:

Post a Comment