Sunday, September 4, 2011

Do SomeTHING: day 4

Today's THING is to both sew and organize (being done with the same item). My home-made collapsible photo box. Do you see the big white thing with all of the tabs? There are five pieces and they need to be contained and protected.

Before (Donna, this is for you)

This box has been sitting in my study (computer/sewing room)...forever. I have been trying to get my whole house organized. Sewing a cover for this thing, will allow me to store it in my basement, along a wall, away from all harm and out of everyone's way. Needless to say (but I'll say it anyway)...it'll make Pete very happy to see it gone.

I have a very large piece of white fabric, that is just going to sit around with nothing else to do, so this will be perfect for this project. I know, not the best color for storing in a basement but I don't care what happens to the cover, as long as it protects my box.

Two hours later...

I have the fabric all cut and pinned.



...and the sewing machine is not working right! I tried changing the bobbin tension. I tried changing the top thread tension. I just can't get this to work!

I hope that this is not the beginning of the end. This is how my last machine died...

UGG!


Well...at least I have the project ready to sew...I did something.

Hopefully, I will get the machine ready to use before my next blog post.

I just thought of something...maybe I can glue it?


Do SomeTHING is a month long of creativity, project finishing, exploration, and imagination.  What was your THING for today?  Leave your link in the comments for us all to see.

No comments:

Post a Comment