Tuesday, December 15, 2009

I'm learning...

Well...Last Thursday, I took a class at the library. It was how to use Excel. I used to use Lotus 1-2-3 when I was a manager at Kmart, eons ago, and I did not remember anything about it the first day I tried to sit down and use Excel. You would think I would have been able to do something...NOT! I couldn't get the stupid spreadsheet to do anything for me and I couldn't even begin to try to figure out where to get any answers.

Hopefully now I'll be able to use it to help me do my taxes, as well as my new joint venture with my parents. My Dad makes "screen bugs". My Mom makes dragonflies on suction cups. Both could be considered home decor jewelry. I will post pictures when I actually receive them, they will be mailing them to me since they live in Forida. They cannot sell these things on Ruby Lane(http://www.rubylane.com/shops/musibows),
since they are neither vintage or regular jewelry. So they have asked me to post them on Etsy. I will get half of the selling price for my troubles. Not too bad...

I have also opened up an new email account so that I can open up a new shop (JeansDestash.etsy.com) for all of the lace and trims that my parents sent me, that I know I will not be using. They can't use them and they can't sell them easily (unless they use ebay), but for now they are concentrating on Not just MUSI bows.

But...I will have to try to figure out how to keep track of each of the sales, so that everyone gets the money they deserve. A spreadsheet should make that easy...Should...Hopefully I can figure it all out.

I also hope that I'm not making a big mistake by doing this...you know...getting into business with my parents.

Only time will tell!

No comments:

Post a Comment