Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Shopping at the Aunt's

Both my aunt and I were born on the same day. Or should I really say that my Mom picked my Aunt Marilyn's birthday to have me. (I was cesarean, she did have a choice.)

So this weekend Marilyn decided that she was going to throw herself a 70th birthday party at a swanky new Peruvian restaurant. Great food, by the way.

At some point during the night she sat down next to me and told me that she wanted me to go shopping in her earring drawers in her jewelry box. I can have any pair, other than the pair currently in her ears.

OK. Twist my arm.

The first pair she shows me are this pair of one inch square earrings encrusted with black and white diamonds. Umm...really? You want me to take expensive of a pair?

Apparently yes, because the next few pairs she shows me are also encrusted in diamonds. Like I said...twist my arm.

I can't imagine picking a pair encrusted with diamonds so the first one I really pick up and try on are these...sterling and sapphire.





And then this other pair catches my eye. I now have one of each in each ear. I tell Marilyn that I can't decide which one I want.

Her response. "No problem. Take both."

So I also now own a pair of earrings with 32 crystal clear, full cut diamonds on each (can you see the diamonds?), along with the 4 sapphires. (I think the fact that these have an "S" on them made them tough to pass up.)




Some nice birthday present, huh?

WOW! She has always been my favorite aunt!

Oh, and to top it all off...she says "And I want you to wear these as every day earrings. Wear them with jeans"

Well, they are her directions...

The sterling ones will be easy, but those diamond ones, will be tough to put on with jeans.


But I'll do it!!


Thank you Aunt Marilyn!!! I love you!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment