Thursday, August 19, 2010

A best friend?

A best friend...what is a best friend?


The UrbanDictionary.com defines it as "Best Friends are very special people in your life. They are the first people you think about when you make plans. They are the first people you go to when you need someone to talk to. You will phone them up just to talk about nothing, or the most important things in your life. When you’re sad they will try their hardest to cheer you up. They give the best hugs in the world! They are the shoulder to cry on, because you know that they truly care about you. In most cases they would take a bullet for you, coz it would be too painful to watch you get hurt. "


The person who I thought was my best friend never seems to hear a word I say. The person who I thought was my best friend only wants to tell me about her life, but when I need to talk about my life she changes the subject to her pet. Her Pet! Can you believe? It seems to be her way of getting me to drop that subject, and i have to say she's been doing that for a few decades now. 


I know she thinks of me as one of her BFF's, and I know she loves me. I love her too...but i'm not sure if she's my best friend anymore or even one of my BFF'S either. 


I feel sad sometimes when I get off the phone with her...even though, I wasn't sad before the call started...I've spoken with her about it once before and she told me "you know me, you need to get my attention first". Uuuuh, I thought I already had it. Weren't we already speaking? And I can tell you, it's usually very difficult to get her attention.


So what exactly does that mean? Does it mean that she's moved on, but she doesn't really realize it yet? I'm not sure if I've moved on yet or not. I know don't want to have moved on. I know that the two of us lead very different lives, but should that matter?


Any thoughts?

No comments:

Post a Comment